The checklist below is aimed at those looking to take on a group camping holiday. You can take this list as a starting point and work out what gear is relevant to your particular trip.
- Tent – always choose a larger berth than the number of people camping, this gives you extra space for luggage.
- Tent Accessories – these can include tent porch, tent carpet and tent footprint (depending on the tent you own)
- Spare Tent Pegs – nothing worse than bent tent pegs
- Mallet – ideal for knocking tent pegs into the ground.
- Duct Tape – you’d be surprised what can be fixed with tape
- Electric Hook up – adds electric to your tent, for the mod cons.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Mat/Airbed – whether roll mat or double airbed, this can add comfort and extra insulation during the night.
- Camp bed – a camp bed gets you off of the ground, and feeling like home.
- Extra clothing – the temperature does drop at night, layer up and you can remove layers as you get warmer during the night.
- Ear plugs – other campers can be loud; whether after you’ve gone to bed, or before you want to wake up.
- Furniture – camping chairs and tables can go a long way to creating a great social area outside the tent or in the living area.
- Portable Toilet – ideal for the middle of the night, or with young children.
- Windbreak – good for campsite privacy, and of course keeping the wind away.
- Torch/ Headtorch – much needed for finding the loo during the night!
- Bin Bags – leave nothing behind
- String/Cord – can be used for binding, or an onsite washing line.
Camping Kitchen Checklist
- Water container – ideal for drinking water, or trips to the onsite tap.
- Stove and/or BBQ
- Gas/Charcoal – depending on your choice of cooking appliance.
- Low Wattage Appliances – to work with your electric hook up, for extra luxury
- Cooking utensils
- Tableware – plates, bowls, cups etc
- Basin – even if not used to wash the dishes, it will certainly help for carrying dirty dishes to the campsite wash area.
- Tin Opener – all the food and no way to open it is never good.
- Bottle Opener
- Wet Wipes
Health and Safety Checklist
- Personal medications (plus extra)
- First Aid Kit
- Sun Cream
- Anti-bacterial handwash
- Insect Repellent
- Extra Batteries
- Pocket Knife
- Toilet Roll